Technical Support Specialist
Who are you?
- You’ve studied in the field of Information Technology, Computer Science, or related, or you have at least three years of working experience in a similar field.
- You are customer-oriented and have excellent client-facing skills
- You really like to search and can quickly identify possible causes of problems and solve them (analytical skills)
- You can set relevant priorities and are pragmatic
- You also have the attitude to help others to do great (team player)
- You have proficient written and verbal communication skills in Dutch and English
- You have the ability to gain a deep understanding of a software solution on both functional and technical level
- You have some experience with tools like JIRA, Zendesk, and Gitlab
- And last, we would like that you live in the Groningen area
Perks & Benefits
- Support for your personal growth. We understand the importance of personal development in your career and life. That’s why we provide a substantial budget for training, conferences, or a (career) coach. We want to contribute and give you the time, tools, and space needed to discover who you are, what you want, and your strengths when working with us.
- We offer an environment where people get the opportunity to grow and learn by doing. We embrace mistakes and learn from them.
- There is room for sparring with colleagues, to try new things, and buddy-up to learn from each other
- Kind and friendly working atmosphere. We are a scaling-up company with a start-up vibe and a major corporate firm’s (Eppendorf) back-up.
- We offer the opportunity to do short-term assignments abroad for experience, personal development, and hopefully, fun.
- A pension scheme so you can retire happily
- Home office setup, we get you your proper home office setup
- Flexible working options
- Working from home allowance and commuting allowance
- Bonus, when we do well, we all profit together
- 25 days of holiday leave per year
- Work hard, party hard, goal celebrations, Friday drinks, team outings, and our South African colleagues promised us a Braai.
- An attractive salary with clear and transparent growth potential to match your personal ambitions and plans
- Most of all, we want to be that employer that wants to make sure you walk around happy
What are you going to do?
To support future growth, we are looking for a technical support specialist to strengthen our team. As an eLabNext technical support specialist, your primary focus is to research, diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve customer issues in an accurate and timely manner. To do so, you work closely together with various teams, including sales, customer success, development, and DevOps. You also play a role in the onboarding process on new customers, for instance, during the migration of data to our software products or support during the development of add-ons using our API and SDK.
Here are some of your other future responsibilities and tasks
- Taking ownership of reported customer challenges and seeing these challenges through to resolution
- Providing prompt and accurate feedback to customers and ensuring proper recording and closure of all issues.
- Participating in sprint planning meetings to prioritize escalated issues
- Providing technical support on our developer tools, including API and SDK
- Drive the product development from a technical support specialist perspective where to goal is to build a self-supported and maintainable system for our customers.
- Supporting sales, customer success, and development in their processes to inform customers and or resolve issues.
- Developing and maintaining technical support procedures and documentation
With our software solutions, we help modern scientists in R&D laboratories of academic institutes, pharma, biotech companies, and start-ups in the process of digitizing their workflows. We facilitate our clients to exploit the enormous potential of life sciences and to accelerate research. We contribute to the added value that life sciences research can offer our world and work with researchers to enable discoveries in various fields. Our clients work on topics ranging from cancer research, sustainable food production in areas where cultivation seems impossible, or the development of COVID-19 vaccines, and many more.
What working as Technical Support Specialist within eLabNext makes unique is:
• You get to work with leading laboratories in life sciences and learn about the latest developments in their research.
• Work with impact! Help our customers be successful and see the result of your work when innovations reach the market.
• Develop your life science knowledge while doing IT
• Be part of an international and multi-disciplinary team and learn from your colleagues.
You will work within our Support team, which currently consists of one other team member. Our headquarters is in Groningen, and we have a sales office in Boston, US.
Have questions or want to find out more?
For more information about this vacancy, please get in touch with Wouter de Jong, Managing Director at eLabNext in The Netherlands
phone +31 50 720 00 55 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Interested, and do you want to apply? You can do this by sending your motivation letter and CV to email@example.com. We consider applications until the position is filled.
If we are enthusiastic, we will invite you for an introductory meeting. Following the COVID-19 regulations, this will most likely be a digital meeting. We evaluate our recruitment process every week and follow the advice of the Cabinet and RIVM.
An assessment can be part of the selection process. Recruiters, no please.