Senior Software Developer
Who are you?
- You are an experienced backend web/db engineer
- You are analytical, thorough and pro-active
- You can deal with a significant amount of autonomy and independence
- You have proficient verbal and written communication skills
- You’ve studied in the field of software engineering, computing, bioinformatics, or mathematics
- You have experience with asp.net/c#, continuous integration & test automation
- You also have the essential attitude to help one another to be great (team player)
Perks & Benefits
- Grow with us! We understand the importance of personal development in your career and life. That’s why we provide a substantial budget for training, conferences, or a (career) coach. We want to contribute and give you the time, tools, and space needed to discover your strengths when working with us.
- We offer an environment where people get the opportunity to grow and learn by doing. We embrace mistakes and learn from them.
- There is room for sparring with colleagues, to try new things, and buddy-up to learn from each other.
- Kind and friendly working atmosphere. We are a scaling-up company with a start-up vibe and a major corporate firm’s (Eppendorf) back-up.
- We offer the opportunity to do short-term assignments abroad for experience, personal development, and hopefully, fun.
- A pension scheme so you can retire happily
- Home office setup, we get you your proper home office setup
- Flexible working options
- Working from home allowance and commuting allowance
- Bonus, when we do well, we all profit together
- 25 days of holiday leave per year
- Work hard, party hard, goal celebrations, Friday drinks, team outings, and our South African colleagues promised us a Braai.
- An attractive salary with clear and transparent growth potential to match with your personal ambitions and plans
- Most of all, we want to be that employer that wants to make sure you walk around happy
What are you going to do?
As a senior software developer at eLabNext, you will develop, design, and implement products. The purpose is to keep innovating and expanding our software to have a continually improving experience with our software products. Besides the accountabilities as stated below, you will be guiding and coaching our junior developers. You will deliver valuable input for the choices we make in architecture, security, and performance. Also, you have co-responsibility in assuring the code quality and continuous integration. Your focus will always be on guaranteeing the stability, performance, and security of our products.
With our software solutions, we help modern scientists in R&D laboratories of academic institutes, pharma, biotech companies, and start-ups in the process of digitizing their workflows. We facilitate our clients to exploit the enormous potential of life sciences and to accelerate research. We contribute to the added value that life sciences research can offer our world and work with researchers to enable discoveries in various fields. Our clients work on topics ranging from cancer research, sustainable food production in areas where cultivation seems impossible, or the development of COVID-19 vaccines, and many more.
What working as a Software Engineer within eLabNext makes unique is:
- You get to be responsible for the high quality of a complex, globally used product while keeping that start-up vibe and informal atmosphere.
- Be part of an international and multi-disciplinary team and learn from your colleagues
- Work with impact! Help our customers to be successful and see the results of your work when innovations reach the market
- Develop your life science knowledge while doing IT
- Use cutting-edge technologies like cypress/cucumber in combination with gitlab pipelines
You will work within our Development team, which currently consists of 9 other team members. Our headquarters is in Groningen, and we have a sales office in Boston, US. You will work out of Groningen.
Find out more
For more information about this vacancy, please get in touch with Haike Zegwaard, Team lead Development at eLabNext in The Netherlands
phone +31 50 720 00 55 or email: email@example.com
How to apply
Interested, and do you want to apply? You can do this by sending your motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We consider applications until the position is filled.
If we are enthusiastic, we will invite you for an introductory meeting. Following the COVID-19 regulations, this will most likely be a digital meeting. We evaluate our recruitment process every week and follow the advice of the Cabinet and RIVM.
An assessment can be part of the selection process. Recruiters, no please.