Senior Front-End Developer
Our organization is growing, and so is our developing team. Do you want to join an ambitious but also fun team of 9 developers working on helping modern scientist digitize their workflows with eLabNext software solutions? Then we are looking for you! Does this sound interesting? Check out below.
What do we do?
With our software solutions, we help modern scientists in the R&D laboratories of academic institutes, biotech companies, and start-ups in the process of digitizing their work in the lab. We facilitate our clients to harness the enormous potential of life sciences and accelerate research. We contribute to the added value that life sciences research can bring to the world and work together with researchers to make discoveries possible. Our customers work on various themes, ranging from cancer research to sustainable food production. But also consider, for example, North Pole research.
What is your role?
As a senior front-end developer at eLabNext, you will develop, design, and implement products. The purpose is to keep innovating and expanding our software to have a continually improving experience with our software products. To do so, you can think about the following day-to-day activities:
- Implementing projects from our roadmap
- Improving the codebase
- Dividing requirements into actionable tasks
- Creating tests (specs) for features based on requirements
- Requesting code reviews
- Writing code according to the style guides
- Fixing flickering specs
- Providing (proactive) cutting-edge solutions for specific tickets-issues
Also, you have co-responsibility in assuring the code quality and continuous integration. Your focus will always be on guaranteeing our products’ stability, performance, and security.
Who are you?
- You are an experienced front-end engineer
- You are analytical, thorough and pro-active
- You can deal with a significant amount of autonomy and independence
- You have proficient verbal and written communication skills
- You’ve studied in the field of software engineering, computing, or mathematics
- You have deep knowledge of Vue.js, NodeJS, webpack and related front-end development tools
- Continuous Integration, unit testing and code reviewing are second nature
- You also have the essential attitude to help one another to be great (team players)
Perks & Benefits
- Grow with us! We understand the importance of personal development in your career and life. That’s why we provide a substantial budget for training, conferences, or a (career) coach. We want to contribute and give you the time, tools, and space needed to discover your strengths when working with us.
- We offer an environment where people can grow and learn by doing. We embrace mistakes and learn from them.
- There is room for sparring with colleagues, trying new things, and buddy-up to learn from each other.
- Kind and friendly working atmosphere. We are a scaling-up company with a start-up vibe and a major corporate firm’s (Eppendorf) backup.
- We offer the opportunity to do short-term assignments abroad for experience, personal development, and, hopefully, fun.
- A pension scheme so you can retire happily
- Home office setup, we get you your proper home office setup
- Flexible working options
- Working from home allowance and commuting allowance
- Bonus, when we do well, we all profit together
- 25 days of holiday leave per year
- Work hard, party hard, goal celebrations, Friday drinks, team outings, and our South African colleagues promised us a Braai.
- An attractive salary with clear and transparent growth potential to match your personal ambitions and plans
- Most of all, we want to be that employer that wants to make sure you walk around happy
What makes working at eLabNext unique?
- You get to be responsible for the high quality of a complex, globally used product while keeping that start-up vibe and informal atmosphere.
- Be part of an international and multi-disciplinary team and learn from your colleagues
- Work with impact! Help our customers to be successful and see the results of your work when innovations reach the market
- Develop your life science knowledge while doing IT
- Use cutting-edge technologies like cypress/cucumber in combination with GitLab pipelines
What do we offer?
- Signing bonus with impact. When you signed a contract with us and didn’t come through an external recruiter, you will get a signing bonus of €2.500. Also, in collaboration with WWF® with every signee, we buy back a piece of Atlantic rainforest in South America the size of a football field(!), with the only purpose of preservation.
- An attractive salary with clear and transparent growth potential, matching your personal ambitions and plans
- A substantial L&D budget for training, conferences, books, or a (career) coach. We understand the importance of personal development in your career and life
- An environment where people get the chance to grow and to learn by doing. We embrace mistakes and learn from them
- A home office setup. We ensure that you can also work well at home and offer flexible-working options that suit your needs
- Commuting and working from home allowance
- A bonus. If we do it right, we all benefit!
- 25 vacation days per year based on 40 hours per week
- A company bike. For a small amount per month, you can ride a new bike.
- A flat organization with little hierarchy and short decision-making processes. We are a scale-up organization with a startup vibe and have a large corporate company (Eppendorf) backing us up
- A pension scheme
- A friendly working atmosphere. We celebrate when we reach our goals, have Friday night drinks, and great company outings
- We offer work with impact! See the outstanding results of our clients’ research when innovations reach the market
- Above all, we want to be an employer who ensures you feel happy working here.
How to apply
Please apply by sending your CV to Evelien Swart at email@example.com. We consider all applications until the position is filled.
Find out more
For more information about this vacancy, please get in touch with Haike Zegwaard, Team lead Development at eLabNext in The Netherlands, by phone +31507200055 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Evelien Swart, talent acquisition manager by phone +31651502859 or by email: email@example.com