Senior .NET Developer
Our organization is growing, and so is our Development Team. We are seeking a skilled and experienced Senior .NET Developer to join our team. Do you want to join an ambitious but also fun team helping global modern scientist digitize their workflows with eLabNext software solutions? Then we are looking for you!
What do we do?
With our software solutions, we help modern scientists in the R&D laboratories of academic institutes, biotech companies, and start-ups in the process of digitizing their work in the lab. We facilitate our clients to harness the enormous potential of life sciences and accelerate research. We contribute to the added value that life sciences research can bring to the world and work with researchers to make discoveries possible. Our customers work on various themes, ranging from cancer research to sustainable food production. But also, for example, North Pole research.
What is your role?
As a Senior .Net Developer, you will play a critical role in designing, developing, and maintaining our back-end systems. You will be responsible for writing clean, efficient, and maintainable code and for integrating data storage solutions together with your team. The engineering department’s team work on a relatively flat hierarchy. The team is informal, asks questions, socializes, and helps each other improve daily.
You will be:
- Design, build and maintain scalable and high-performance back-end system
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code
- Teach and share with junior / medior back-end developers
- Troubleshoot and debug complex technical issues
- Collaborate with front-end developers, designers, and other stakeholders to integrate user-facing elements
- Implement security and data protection measures
- Implementing projects from our roadmap
- Dividing requirements into actionable tasks
- Using test-driven development to implement new features
- Reviewing code by peer programmers
- Improving back-end architecture
- Fixing flickering specs
- Providing (proactive) cutting-edge solutions for specific tickets-issues
Also, you have co-responsibility in assuring the code quality and continuous integration. Your focus will always be on guaranteeing our products’ stability, performance, and security.
Who are you? You Have:
- 5-8 years of working experience in a similar role
- Outgoing, open and social
- a solid background in asp.net back-end development
- solid software architecture skills (you know your paradigms)
- you are a lover of clean code
- solid experience in high-availability systems
- good level of experience in database optimizations
- knowledge of cloud computing platforms (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc.)
- excellent problem-solving skills
- strong communication and collaboration skills
Perks & Benefits
- Signing bonus with impact. When you sign a contract with us and don’t come through an external recruiter, you will get a signing bonus of €2.500. Also, in collaboration with WWF® with every signee, we buy back a piece of Atlantic rainforest in South America the size of a football field(!), with the only purpose of preservation
- A competitive salary (between €4.640,- and €6.960,- gross per month)
- A substantial L&D budget for training, conferences, books, or a (career) coach. We understand the importance of personal development in your career and life
- An environment where people get the chance to grow and learn by doing. We embrace mistakes and learn from them
- A home office setup. We ensure that you can also work well at home and offer flexible-working options that suit your needs
- Commuting and working from home allowance
- A bonus. If we do it right, we all benefit!
- 25 vacation days per year based on 40 hours per week
- A company bike. For a small amount per month, you can ride a new bike
- A flat organization with little hierarchy and short decision-making processes. We are a scale-up organization with a startup vibe and have a large corporate company (Eppendorf) backing us up
- A pension scheme
- A friendly working atmosphere. We celebrate when we reach our goals, have Friday night drinks, and great company outings
- We offer work with impact! See the outstanding results of our clients’ research when innovations reach the market
- Above all, we want to be an employer who ensures you feel happy working here
Find out more and how to apply:
For more information about this vacancy or if you want to apply, please get in touch with Haike Zegwaard, Team Lead Software Development team at eLabNext by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Evelien Swart, Talent Acquisition Manager, by phone +31 651502859 or by email: email@example.com