Quality Assurance Engineer
Who are you?
- You are analytical, thorough and pro-active
- 1-3 years of working experience in a similar role
- You have experience with cypress/cucumber and a ISTQB or T-Map certificate would be considered a bonus
- You have proficient verbal and written communication skills; you can take the initiative and tell others when change is needed
- You also have the essential attitude to help one another to be great (team player)
- You have an engineering mindset (problem solver)
Perks & Benefits
- Support for your personal growth. We understand the importance of personal development in your career and life. That’s why we provide a substantial budget for training, conferences, or a (career) coach. We want to contribute and give you the time, tools, and space needed to discover who you are, what you want, and your strengths when working with us.
- We offer an environment where people get the opportunity to grow and learn by doing. We embrace mistakes and learn from them.
- There is room for sparring with colleagues, to try new things, and buddy-up to learn from each other
- Kind and friendly working atmosphere. We are a scaling-up company with a start-up vibe and a major corporate firm’s (Eppendorf) back-up.
- Short term assignments abroad for life experience, personal development, and hopefully; fun
- A pension scheme so you can retire happily
- Home office setup, we get you your proper home office setup
- Flexible working options
- Working from home allowance and commuting allowance
- Bonus, when we do well, we all profit together
- 25 days of holiday leave per year
- Work hard, party hard, goal celebrations, Friday drinks, team outings, and our South African colleagues promised us a Braai.
- An attractive salary with clear and transparent growth potential to match with your personal ambitions and plans
- Most of all, we want to be that employer that wants to make sure you walk around happy
What are you going to do?
As our QA engineer, your responsibility is to ensure the quality of our products, so we can keep innovating and expanding our software. You will do this by writing automated tests and doing the maintenance of those tests. Manual testing will also be part of the job. Together with our software developers and product owner, you will participate in the sprint refinement and planning sessions to determine the requirements. You will contribute to building our software pipelines, and you are always searching for improvements to those pipelines. You are the expert on automated and manual testing and will be the critical link between the development team and the product owner. You also will be reporting and controlling quality indicators (test reports, code coverage). Your challenge is bringing our testing to the next level with tools like Cypress and Cucumber.
With our software solutions, we help modern scientists in R&D laboratories of academic institutes, pharma, biotech companies, and start-ups in the process of digitizing their workflows. We facilitate our clients to exploit the enormous potential of life sciences and to accelerate research. We contribute to the added value that life sciences research can offer our world and work with researchers to enable discoveries in various fields. Our clients work on topics ranging from cancer research, sustainable food production in areas where cultivation seems impossible, or the development of COVID-19 vaccines, and many more.
What working as a QA engineer within eLabNext makes unique is:
- You get to be responsible for the high quality of a complex, globally used product while keeping that start-up vibe and informal atmosphere.
- Be part of an international and multi-disciplinary team and learn from your colleagues
- Work with impact! Help our customers to be successful and see the results of your work when innovations reach the market
- Develop your life science knowledge while doing IT
- Use cutting-edge technologies like cypress/cucumber in combination with gitlab pipelines
You will work within our Development team, which currently consists of 9 other team members. Our headquarters is in Groningen, and we have a sales office in Boston, US. You will work out of Groningen.
Find out more
For more information about this vacancy, please get in touch with Haike Zegwaard, Team lead Development at eLabNext in The Netherlands
phone +31 50 720 00 55 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Interested, and do you want to apply? You can do this by sending your motivation letter and CV to email@example.com. We consider applications until the position is filled.
If we are enthusiastic, we will invite you for an introductory meeting. Following the COVID-19 regulations, this will most likely be a digital meeting. We evaluate our recruitment process every week and follow the advice of the Cabinet and RIVM.
An assessment can be part of the selection process. Recruiters, no please.