Key Account Manager (remote)
We are looking for a high-energy individual with a scientific background that is looking to make this world a healthier place from the other side of research, providing researchers with the necessary tools to assist them in their quest to create therapeutics and services for us! If you get a thrill from presentations, building relationships, solving problems, and being at the forefront of technological and life science innovations, this job is for you! If you’d like to learn more, reach out to email@example.com directly!
Eppendorf’s fast-growing subsidiary, eLabNext, provides software solutions for Life Science organizations and Research & Process Development laboratories. eLabNext’s leading software products are an Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN) and a Sample/Equipment Inventory (LIMS) tracking system. Combined with a wide variety of modules, automation and AI capabilities, it can streamline the complete workflow in labs.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
Consultative Sales and Relationship Building
- Manage multiple accounts as the face of the company to our current and future customers.
- Build and maintain customer relationships with excellent service & support.
- Set up revenue forecasts and meet their targets.
- Accompany and consult customers during each phase of the (after) sale. [pre to post-sale]
- Workflow consultation post-sale
- Post-sale account nourishment and growth
- Provide product demonstration on-site or online using webinars
- Participate in exhibitions, trade shows, and online events, working with the team to reach group quota.
- New business, especially in new untapped areas (geographically and industry sector-wise)
- Managing sales cycle in B2B (institution-wide deployments) and for individual labs in large organizations, working very closely with potential customers in a consultative approach to drive results.
- Take customers out to lunches/dinners/games to strengthen authentic relationships.
- Organize on-site events at the customer for product demonstrations and kick-off/training sessions.
- Be involved in online marketing by collaborating with marketers and participating in writing for the target audience.
- Collaborating with customers on case studies and potential co-marketing campaigns when applicable.
- Maintain an active LinkedIn presence
- Seek customization projects with customers to up-sell and optimize eLabNext’s capabilities.
- Constantly stress-test, challenge the software and give feedback to the IT team.
- Seek feedback from customers in a collaborative spirit, and report back to the IT team
- Manage CRM/ERP accounts by keeping an intact audit trail from first contact to sale and reporting results monthly.
- Maintain close relationships with departments from other offices throughout the country (and headquarters) to strengthen the sales force and maintain agility.
- Working closely with Sales, Marketing, and IT departments.
- Weekly team meetings and serving as support for teammates when needed.
Our Ideal Candidate will be a passionate and motivated professional with integrity that brings:
- Experience in sales and account management for Life Science laboratories.
- Degree in the Business or Life Sciences field with relevant education and hands-on laboratory experience in the Life Sciences.
- The ability to travel to customer sites frequently and a willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
- Excellent English skills, written and verbal.
- A customer-oriented and results-driven approach.
- Strong organizational skills and business acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, high integrity, and respect for colleagues and customers.
- Business Development oriented approach to all potential clients and collaborators.
Nice to Haves [not deal-breakers]
- Strong aptitude towards Software Management tools
- A software/high-tech background is a plus
- Bioinformatics background is a plus
- CRM management like ZOHO and SalesForce
- Event organizations
- Sales Campaign Strategy experience
- JIRA, OwnCloud, GoogleDrive, Microsoft 365 Experience
- Molecular Biology skills
- Chemistry experience
- Mouse Colony tracking experience
- Microscopy Experience
Are you interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity? If so, apply here. *Please note that all documents uploaded to the application must be one of the following file types: .pdf, .docx, or .xlsx
If you have any questions regarding this posting, please get in touch with Natalie Fry from HR: firstname.lastname@example.org
Eppendorf and all of its subsidiaries are equal-opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.